Nursery Grade Bark is aged pine bark from UK resources. Air and water holding capacities are comparable to coarse peat fractions and nutrient buffering capacity is similar to peat.
- High air-filled porosity (AFP) helps maintain healthy, active rooting and and ensure good drainage.
- Good structural stability. It resists breaking down and keeps the compost stable throughout the crop’s growing cycle.
- Low pH and low nutrient level which makes it an ideal growing medium ingredient.
- Biologically active which helps suppress root diseases such as Pythium, Phytophthora and Fusarium.
- Equally suitable for ericaceous and non-ericaceous species.
- Ideal for making peat-reduced composts and top-dressing containerised plants.
- Particle size: 3 – 12 mm
- Can be used in any potting mix for containerised plants to encourage healthy root development.
- Mix with moss peat or coir, adding recommended nutrients and dolomitic limestone.
- Can also be used as a pot mulch to suppress moss, liverwort and weed growth.